幽寂にして荘厳な境内。大国主命の御子を祀る但馬国一宮:兵庫県・粟鹿神社 (Awaga Shrine | The shrines based on historical facts)
▼チャプターリスト(目次)
0:00 オープニング
0:21 社号碑、大鳥居、参道
0:49 勅使門
1:02 日の出門
1:45 末社・天満宮周辺
2:16 拝殿、狛犬
2:59 本殿
3:17 御陵
3:42 夫婦杉周辺
3:59境内摂末社
5:09 南側大鳥居
どうも、管理人のヒロリンです。
今回は兵庫県朝来市に鎮座する粟鹿神社(あわがじんじゃ)を紹介します。
山陰本線で夜久野トンネルを抜け、但馬に入った山深い町、朝来市山東町に粟鹿神社は鎮座します。鎮座地は霊峰・粟鹿山の山懐に抱かれた大きな森の中。社名の「粟鹿」とは、鹿が粟を三束くわえて粟鹿山から現れ、人々に農耕を教えたという伝承から名づけられています。
同社は二千年以上の歴史を持つと伝わる但馬国の守護神で、出石神社と並ぶ但馬国一宮
(参考)出石神社の動画
神社境内の社叢と社殿は幽寂、荘厳そのもので、その光景に誰しもが悠久の歴史と深い信仰を感じることが出来ます。
粟鹿神社の御祭神は出雲大社で祀られる大国主命の御子である天美佐利命(あめのみさりのみこと)、第九代天皇・開化天皇の第三皇子・日子坐王命(ひこいますのおおきみのみこと)、記紀神話に登場する山幸彦こと日子穂穂手見命(ひこほほえみのみこと)の三柱。
この三柱の神々のうち、天美佐利命は坂道を往来する10人の旅人のうち5人を殺し、残り5人を通すという粟鹿山の伝承を持つ荒ぶる神様で、これが有名な童謡「とうりゃんせ」の原型と言われています。『粟鹿大明神伝記』によれば「垂仁天皇の御世、粟鹿の麓に坐せし荒ぶる神、すなわち天美佐利命の神伏を朝廷に申し出、幣帛を給わって鎮め祭らしむ」とあります。天美佐利命は、但馬、但馬、播磨の国境地帯の要地を支配する神で、その神を粟鹿山中腹の池ケ平で鎮めたことが粟鹿神社の創祀になりました。
また、粟鹿神社は朝鮮半島を征服した神功皇后とも深い関わりがあり、神武皇后は朝鮮半島の新羅に軍を進める前に、勅使を粟鹿神社に遣わせて戦勝を祈願。凱旋後にその奉賛として新しく社殿を建て、粟鹿山中腹の池ヶ平に鎮座していた粟鹿神社を現在地に遷座、奉安しました。その際、丹波・若狭・山陰地方の平定に力を尽くし、当地で薨去した第九代天皇・開化天皇の第三皇子・日子坐王命を祀ることになります。
このように粟鹿神社は兵庫県の山深い奥地にありながら、朝廷の尊崇が篤く、国家の大難に際して4度の勅使派遣もあった日本全国でみても重要な神社でもあります。そんな同社の様子を是非ご視聴ください。
Awaga Shrine is a Shinto shrine in the Santocho Awaga neighborhood of the city of Asago in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. It is one of the two shrines (along with Izushi Jinja) which claim the title of ichinomiya of former Tajima Province.
The origins of Awaga Jinja are unknown. According to the shrine’s legend, it was founded during the reign of the legendary Emperor Suinin. A local noble, Ohiko Hayami offered to the Imperial Court to build a shrine to worship the Amenomisari, as this kami was an arashin (rough deity) which needed placating. His great-grandson took the surname “Kambe” and was the kuni no miyatsuko of Tajima. The shrine first appears in the historical documents in tax records for Tajima Province dated 737. It appears thereafter in the various historical chronicles in the Heian period, including the Engishiki and the Wamyō Ruijushō. The Engishiki lists it as a Myōjin Taisha. During the Sengoku period, Toyotomi Hideyoshi occupied the area in 1580, he confiscated the territory of the shrine, which fell into decline. Under then Edo Period Tokugawa shogunate, the area became Izushi Domain, ruled by the Koide clan followed by the Sengoku clan.
During the Meiji period era of State Shinto, the shrine was rated as a village shrine in 1872 and promoted to a prefectural shrine in 1879 under the Modern system of ranked Shinto Shrines.
The Honden was built in 1880 in the Nagare-zukuri style and is a three by two bay building. The Haiden is a four by three bay building. There is a small hill behind the main shrine which has what appears to be the remnants of a moat. The shrine refers to this as the “tomb of the god”, but it is not certain if this is an ancient kofun or not, as it has never been excavation. However, from 1999 to 2004, an archaeological excavation was conducted in the vicinity of the precincts due to the construction of the Kitakinki Toyooka Expressway, and the foundations of structures and a medieval stone paved approach have been found, indicating that the shrine was once much larger than it is at present.
2 Comments
こんばんは🤗🤗ここは怖いですね 1人で行くことは難しそう😥😰😱
道に苔が生えているじゃないですか?😱😱👻🙋
個人的な印象ですが、
ラスト、この世とあの世をつなぐところのように感じました。
何かに通じている、、、奥深いところのように感じました。